1. Who are the Baha’is?
- The Baha’i Faith is a world religion whose purpose is to unite all the races and peoples in one universal Cause and one common Faith. Baha’is are the followers of Baha’u’llah, Who they believe is the Promised One of all Ages. The traditions of almost every people include the promise of a future when peace and harmony will be established on earth and humankind will live in prosperity. We believe that the promised hour has come and that Baha’u’llah is the great Personage Whose Teachings will enable humanity to build a new world.
2. What do Baha’is believe?
- God is Unknowable
- God is the Creator of All Things
- We were Created out of Love
- God has an Eternal Covenant with Man
- God sends us “Manifestations of God” who are special Beings that reveal to humanity the Word and the Will of God
- Manifestations of God are like perfect Mirrors that reflect the Light of God in all its Splendor
- We live in a time of a New Manifestation
- The Unification of Mankind
- Humanity is Like a Garden
3. Some Baha’i activities:
- Devotional Programs – these are spiritual gatherings designed for prayer and reflection. These programs usually consist of prayers and writings from holy scriptures and sometimes include group singing.
- Study Circles – these programs are informal gatherings where individuals study a series of Ruhi books designed for more in-depth study of the Baha’i writings and how to put our spiritual ideas into practice.
- Children’s Classes – classes that are designed for the spiritual and moral education of children. Currently we have three age levels that meet on Sunday mornings from 11:30-12:30pm.
- Pre- Youth/Youth Gatherings – specifically designed activates designed for the spiritual development and fellowship of these particular age groups.
- Fireside/Public Meetings – these programs are open to all individuals and usually provide a speaker on a specific topic. We often meet first with a potluck dinner for socializing and fellowship.
- Feasts – these are monthly spiritual programs for the members of the Baha’i community. They consist of a spiritual program, and administrative session and follow with a time for socializing.
The Norman Bahá’í Center established September 27, 2005, at 526 Iowa [Map] Norman, OK 73069. Over the years, community members have renovated the inside and added many features to the landscaping.